Does anybody take the prescription drug Atenolol for fast heart rate ?

Does anybody take the prescription drug Atenolol for fast heart rate? For about a week I had been experiencing a fast heart rate , mostly at night. Could feel it pulsing in my neck and chest. Kept me awake all night. I went to the doctor, and my pulse was 102, blood pressure 140/86. They put me on Atenolol. I take one everyday, but sometimes later in the morning. When I take it a few hours late, my pulse is high, and I get all sweaty and jitterey. Is this because the medication is making me feel this way, because I am not taking it exactly 24 hours, or is this how I would feel if I wasn t taking it. Or is it the medication making me feel this way, because they say if you stop taking it, your sympyms could get worse????? Also the did a EKG, guess it was Ok, but isn t there other test they should be doing? Also I seem to be urinating more often since I have been on the medication. Does this medication cause this?
Sat, 17 Jul 2010