Does anybody in their teens get PVCs/palpitations on a regular basis?

im just curious if anyone else my age gets as many as i do, im 21 and some days i get about 5-10 per minute. i know its not that uncommon in older people but anybody else here under 30 get that many? and ive been checked out and i know all about them so for you copy and pasters out there your services arent needed maggie: i didnt mean to sound rude but i get annoyed when people who dont know what they are talking about say somethign like OMG CALL 911 or just post a mile of wikipedia, i wanted personal responses and appreciate the help yeah im not an anxious person, quit caffeine and alcohol, and excercise regularly but the doc says they are probably anxiety related, i know a lot of people get a couple per hour but i was wondering how many adolecents get several a minute like me
Tue, 5 Apr 2011
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
I'm 22 yo and female and I usually get lots of palpitations when I'm sick. When I had a chronic yeast overgrowth in my small intestines I was getting palpitations several times a day. I'm not sick anymore and I almost never get palpitations now. So, other than a cardiovascular problem, some people may get paliptations from chronic diseases.
Maadhav's  Response
What you are having are premature ventricular contractions..It is not uncommon for younger people to also get PVCs..They can be caused by many variables,stress, caffeine, smoking, and some street drugs.. and sometimes if the heart is not getting enough oxygen. And worst case CAD .I'm a 42 year old man. when i was in my early 20s I also would have episodes of PVCs. of coarse I ignored them. They would come and go for maybe 2 weeks at a time..when i was about 38 I started having them again, this time it was constantly all day!!! I work in an ECG lab and did 2 -24 Hr holters on myself finding I was have long episodes of bigeminy and trigeminy( that's when every other beat was a PVC(bigeminy) or every 3rd beat was a PVC(trigeminy) I was also having multiform ventricular couplets. the first 24 Hr test I DID, I THREW 18,000 in one day. I didn't feel bad from them, they just annoyed the hell out of me (not to mention they scared the hell out of me as well. I had a stress echo done and there was no blockage..cool..that ruled out CAD.So I stared taking a beta blocker Toporol XL which in a matter of about 2 weeks they dissipated..I stopped the toporol about 6 months ago and still no PVCs...My Dr and I came to the conclusion that it was stress originated BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET SOME TESTES DONE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT CRITICAL..IN MOST CASES THEY ARE NOT CRITICAL ESPECIALLY IN YOUNG PEOPLE.
Stuart's  Response
To all of you who suffer palpitations. Do your research on the net and you may find answers there that apply to you. I have been there, over and over, for years. I have learnt to stay away from caffeine and MSG (in all its disguised forms) but I only found out recently that phenyalamine (sweeteners) also act on the glutamate receptors and have the same affect on my body as does MSG. PVC's (masses of them) and palpitations! Do your research and see what your triggers are. Also, don't be surprised if the conventional doctors think you're nuts.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

I'm 16 and I have one about every 10 seconds. Of course you should get checked out like I did, I was put in the hospital last night but it turns out everything is fine and the doctor isn't even going to do anything about it. For young people it usually isn't reason concern and if you have a low heart rate it is even less of a reason for concern.

victoria 's  Response

I came accross your post hoping for answers too.  I am 24, great health, but i am getting these "quivers" or "flutters" in my chest.  It will happen a couple times a week to two times a day.  it is very scary.  I feel like my heart it going to stop or something.  I just saw a heart doc and did the ekg, ecg, and 24hr monitor.  they are going to get back to me in about 2 weeks on the results. But just by telling him my symptoms, the doc has no idea what it is.  Also, i do have panic attacks and get anxtious frequently.  im thinking this has a lot to do with my problem.

emma's  Response
Hi, I'm 17 and i get PVC'S pretty often. They don't always happen everyday, and i sometimes can go for months without having any. They occur much more frequent the more i think about them. I have had them for years, but only just realised what they could be. I had an ECG about a year and a half ago which would have ruled out anything serious right? But i am going to the doctor in the next week or so just to tell her what i experience and If she could give me any medication for them, as they are very annoying! I get this strange feeling in my throat as they happen, like i can't breath correctly. It is very very unlikely that these are caused by anything serious, because they are actually extremely common in young people. I get alot of anxiety also which makes them worse!