Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Does an ultrasound in 21st week reveal if it is twins and will they inform me ?

I had an ultrasound done at an emergency room bc my side was hurting. i am pregnant and was 21 weeks at the time of the ultrasound. the woman that done the ultrasound let my sister take pictures of the same ones that the lady did. well in one picture there is 2 babies. Will they tell you if you are having twins at an emergency room? can you miss a second baby? Is this twins?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
if at all you are having twins they will definitely inform you as woman with twin pregnancy have to take some extra precautions during pregnancy,
sometimes while doing ultrasound when baby moves you may count the body parts twice and interpret as twins,
so if you are still having doubt regarding that you consult your regular gynecologist and undergo ultrasound which will clarify the doubt.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor