Does ammonia present in the hair bleach cause headache?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question I bleached my hair this morning, finished around 2pm it’s not 12:40 am and still have the awesome scents of the fumes which I’m assuming are bleach and ammonia. It’s this bad ? I also have a headache
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The hair dye generally have strong components like ammonia which would give off strong odour which can further give you headache. Since it is a temporary hair treatment it is not as such harmful for you but I would suggest changing the brand. You can take a painkiller for the headache.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Smruti Pevekar