• question-icon

Does aloe vera intake cause stomach cramps and diarrhea?

I am a 25 year old female. No history of digestive issues. A few weeks ago, I started having pain associated with my Gallbladder. It wasn't sever enough for my doctor to be worried, but she suggested a diet to help. Along with that diet, I started taking 8oz of Aloe Vera Juice daily. Yesterday, I woke up with sever stomach/intestine cramps. I have had diarrhea that is black. It is chalky... like coffee grinds. The diarrhea continued all day yesterday and this morning. I've read this could be caused by bleeding in the upper GI. Should I be worried or is this a side effect of the Aloe Vera? How long until I should seek medical help?
Wed, 13 Dec 2017
Regards .

Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query in details .

* This is side effect of aloe vera juice over the intestine tract .
* After consumption of last dose , symptoms revert back to normal
within 3 - 4 days , later if problem should consult doctor .

Hope this will help to clear your doubt .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Regards .