Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Does a smaller embryo than what it has to be mean I'm going to have a miscarriage ?

i am 33 of age, i had my last menstral period on the 9 of feb2011, and on the 13 of march i got a positive pregnancy test, and on 17 of march my hcg was 1224,0 and on 21 of march ,just some few days letter, it was 5152,0, and on 31 of march i went to my doc for ultrasound , and he saw just a gestation sag measured 17 to 20mm and a littel white mark in the middel measured 2 mm, and the doctor told me the ultrasound is showing my pregnancy as 5weeks of which by his calculation i should be 7weeks gone, so maybe i am going to get a misscarage, or maybe the embroy is still smaller that can not be seen now, but he was hopeing to see the embroy and a heartbeat on that day ,so mynext apointment is on 14 of april , i cann,t sleep, bc i which to see my baby this time ,after two misscarages, pls any help of good answer will heal me. waiting.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi sandra;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If the doctors calculation shows 7 weeks & the baby is 5 weeks then either it is a delayed conception or it could be a impending miscarriage.Please be patient & if possible repeat the ultrasound after 2 week when you have appointment then see if the baby shows improved growth it is a good thing if it does not then you may have miscarriage.If you worry it will affect the baby so be calm & hope for the best.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor