Does a reduced Melatonin dosage still help a child with autism?

Hello. my daughter is 5 years old and has autism. I gave her melatonin but it made her sick and gave her headaches. It was given to her by her pediatrician in a perscription form. Is it possible that I can give her a lower dosage that will have the same affect without her getting sick or headaches?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The melatonin if prescribed in correct dosage, and gave side effect of headache, I doubt lower doses will also produce same head ache and you can not predict the same efficacy of the drug in that instance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.