Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Does a burnt plastic in the microwave cause any harm to a small baby?

My husband accidentally burned some plastic in the microwave this evening. We don t know what type of plastic was burned, but the smell permeated our small house. We opened a window and turned on a fan to air out the kitchen. We have a 3-year-old and an 18-month-old. How likely is it that either child was harmed by inhaling these plastic fumes? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it shu;d not have any effect as per ypur history
you can yourself see if the children are breathing normally
no cough
no iritatio on skin or other extra symptomps it means n efect
if there was some effect childrem shuold have symptomp like itcing
snezing coughing etc
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor