Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Does a black eye after an injury indicate a broken bone underneath it ?

Black eye... do I have a broken bone? Should I spend money on an eray? I have a very swollen black eye. Right after I hurt myself my nose was pouring blood so I blew my nose. Instantly, underneath the injured eye puffed up and discolored. Does this mean that I definmitely have a broken bone somewhere? I don t have insurance and I know xrays can be pricey. I heard that you can get menangitis, etc if you have a fracture. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Tracy,
Thanks for query,
Black eye after injury always to be evaluated,even there is no fracture you should take it seriously and should be examined by eye specialist for any soft tissue injury in the eye.
Mean while take antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines.
Put antibiotic eye drops.
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 6 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor