Does a birth control implant cause delayed periods?

had the implant inserted 14 days ago. I did not have my period on the day of insertion. The doctor said to wait 2 weeks before sex. . On the 14 day after the insertion at around 1 pm my boyfriend and I had protected sex. Even though we were protected he ejaculated and then fingered me. although I have heard you can have sex after a week of insertion, do I have anything to worry about? also my period has not come since insertion and was expected 2 days after insertion is this normal?
Mon, 3 Sep 2018

I think using condoms for 7 days is enough to provide protection. You don't have to worry about pregnancy. The delay in getting period or even absence of them is normal while in injection contraception.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka