Does Tri-sprintec start taking effect straightaway on consumption?

I have been taking tri sprintec birth control pills for two years and have not had any problems. During that time I have always used condoms too. I am now in a healthy long term relationship and want to stop using condoms because I know that we both do not have STDs or HIV. My question is in regards to the effectiveness of the pill when starting a new pack after taking a week of inactive pills for my period. Does it start working right away?
Fri, 30 Jul 2021

If you start the new pack of your tri-sprintec pill on 1st to 5th day of your periods, then you are protected against pregnancy straight way. However, if you start it after 5th day of your cycle, then you are advised to use additional contraceptive like condom for at least 7 days as a safeguard against pregnancy.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician