Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Does Reumofan plus original elevate cortisone in the system and what tests should be taken to detect it ?

Hi. My husband has been taking a herbal supplement from Mexico, called Reumofan Plus Original. There have been many rumours on the internet that it contains cortisone , so, he asked his health care professional for a blood test that would show if he has cortisone in his system. He was told they really don t do that and that they don t know who does or where to send the blood work for this type of testing. I found that quite vague in this day and age as I m sure there are ways to find out.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Mar 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  444
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. as you have said that your husband was taking Reumofan Plus, please let me know for what purpose:

i. as a dietary supplement or for some disease condition??

2. FDA Laboratory analysis showed that this product contain harmful ingredients like: Dexamethasone (steroid) ,diclofenac (anti-inflammatory) and methocarbamol (muscle relaxant).

3. use of STEROID for long term can lead to rise in blood pressure, damage to bones,rise in blood sugar and adrenal dysfunction, whereas use of DICLOFENAC could lead to GI bleeding, ulcers,and even perforation and use of MUSCLE RELAXANT can severely affect your PHYSICAL abilities while driving or operating machinery.

4. Talk with your husband and health care provider abut the same, and act accordingly.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Shilpa Benade's  Response

since how many days he is taking these medicines? If you are getting negative feedback then stop it.Consult a good AYurveda specialist and follow his medicines.

As for cortisone in system if he is not getting any side effect of this then ignore it.
There are body clinsing procedures in Ayurveda called panchkarma.consult Ayurveda physician then he will suggest you according to your prakriti.
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response

welcome to Healthcaremagic

i am not aware about this particular medicine but if it is herbal it must be free from this. The formula for Ayurveda herbal medicine should be either strongly classical formulary or research based herbal formula preparation. IN the market some fake unauthorized herbal taged medicine may be present for publicity and money making. so you should follow the authentic Ayurveda doctor or company and do the Authentic Ayurveda treatment. Think about it before purchasing and following any products. Only the Ayurveda specialist can suggest you appropiate treatments.

Answered: Wed, 7 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor