Does Raynaud s phenomenon cause purple discoloration on knees?

I have purple splotchy knees most of the time. I have been diagnosed with Raynauds Phenomenon. I was at my Rheumatologist this week and asked if the purple knees had to do with the Raynauds. All she said was no, it is just something you have to live with . What the heck does this mean? Why do I have purple knees?? I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
Thu, 27 Jun 2019

Raynaud's phenomenon causes purple fingers and toes. It generally affects the peripheral arteries so it is uncommon to cause purple knees. I think the purple knees are not related to Raynaud's phenomenon or fibromyalgia.

I would recommend you to have a Doppler ultrasound of the legs to make sure the blood flow in your legs is good.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj, General & Family Physician