Does Ranexa and Toprol causes elevated blood sugar levels?

Is there anyway at all that Ranexa or toprol that I am taking for angina cause your glucose to start doing crazy things like yesterday I felt sorta funny so I checked it and it was 60 I know that’s not terribly low but I went ahead and ate something. I am not a diabetic but I just thought I would check it this morning to see what my glucose was then and it was 178 fasting I went oh my anyway several years ago I was on some kind med that made me diabetic and I was wondering I that could I take several other medicines
Fri, 30 Mar 2018

The first thing you need to do is the rule out the diabetic, else the cardiac medicine may not cause the hypoglycemia. If this is diabetic, then one can find the great fluctuation in plasma glucose level if it is not being treated. In case of diabetic plasma glucose level needs to be controlled on tight rule basis, else it is challenging, one more thing no medicine could cause diabetes, of course, certain molecules are there that may cause the hypoglycemia but not diabetes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Husain