Does Provera cause swelling in arms and legs?

My sister has secondary breast cancer in the liver and lungs. Her primary cancer was in the right breast. She had right mastectomy and partial removal of the lymph nodes in the left armpit, chemotherapy X2, and other hormone treatments with no success. She is now on Provera 500 mg. Recently, she has developed swelling in her right arm (the opposite side of the primary cancer) and both legs/ankles/feet. Can Provera 500 mg be the possible cause of the swelling? Should she stop the tablets? Thanks.
Tue, 2 Dec 2014
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM

I have gone thru your query . I can understand your concern about swelling after taking Provera and for your info it causes many side effects swelling is one of them . But you should not stop using it abruptly on your own . Discuss this issue with you dotor .

Dear in fact,Your body is always fighting something -- an infection, a toxin, an allergen, a food or the stress response -- and somehow it redirects its hostile attack on your joints, your brain, your thyroid, your gut, your skin, or sometimes your whole body. Your immune system is your defense against invaders .
But when the immune system becomes weak, the disease cells can grow out of control , the disease overpowers
So you should not ignore other possibilities , that can be constipation , mental stress , worry , anger . All affect our health badly .
Our health depends on 'what we eat ,when we eat and how we eat '.

Gulping on only tablets and medicines is not enough and not going to help anyway ,unless strict diet control and regular exercise to control weight is made part of the regimen .

Meanwhile to srengthen your immune system , Regular exercise yoga ,pranayam - deep breathing sufficient rest , meditation and Balanced diet containing essential nutrients as fiber , fruit green veges vitamins and minerals in natural form - coconut water ,lemon juice with water , garlic, ginger , nuts , almonds , and supplements full of antioxidants as Aloe vera juice 35 ml + Amla juice 2 spoons , A level spoon Turmeric powder + Almond oil juice of bitter gourd is very important for our sound mental and physical health and strengthen immune response naturally .

This regimen if followed regularly will helps in detoxifying and strengthening the immune system to enhance resistance from diseases and pave way for healthy , happy ,disease free life , It is to be taken as life long commitment for overall health .
It’s important to check with your physician before adding herbs to your existing medications,regarding the herbs that are antioxidant ,have no side effects and go with any therapy of treatment .

Take Homeopathic Carcinocin 200 / fortnightly / 3 doses .

Apply north pole Magnets to hands morning & feet in evening for 5 min to start with & drinking Water,30-35 ml every 3 hours , prepared on north pole magnets also plays as a potent tool in treating cancer by killing bacteria on mass basis. slower the chances of reccurance .

HOPE THIS HELPS SOLVE YOUR QUERY Take care All the best , wish her early recovery
. If any doubt mail at drsuchda@gmail.com
Dont hesitate for futher query if any