Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Does PCOD cause problems in pregnancy ?

age:22 height:5.2 weight:58 i have PCOD.i consulted a doctor and she prescribed glysiphage and some birth control tablet. am not married.and i discontinued having again my periods became irregular and continuing till 3 and 4 months. what should i do now.shall i consult again.plz provide a relevent answer.and i heard that there will be problems for carrying a baby.Can i give birth to a child?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

In PCOD there is hormone problem which causes problem in menstruation and sometimes even ovulation. There will be associated Diabetes for which your Doctor gave you Glyciphage. You should keep your blood sugar in control by regular testing. Avoid much rice, sweets, frequent tea and coffee with sugar, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do brisk walking everyday for 40 minutes to improve your diabetic condition. Irregular periods means there is still some hormone problem, Better to consult your Gynaecologist who would usually put you back on the Birth control tablet because it will make your cycles regular and increase chances of conceiveing child. In case there is ovulation problem there are other medicines which are given to induce ovulation but only once the Birth control pills regularise your cycles and you can conceive. Better to take the tablets as long as your Doctor said.
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor