Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Does Mintop forte help in growth of hair along the frontal lobe of the head?

hi doctor. i am suffering from receeding hair line. i am loosing hair at the frontal part of my scalp like a horse shoe shape. i have purchased mintop forte 5 % solution and while reading the instructions, they clearly mentioned that it is not intended for frontal baldness or a receding hairline. can i start using it or deny it, as the company itself is saying that its not intended for receeding hair line?
Tue, 18 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Frontal baldness is typically the first noticeable indication of thinning. It is generally the first stage in male pattern baldness. While numerous treatments claim to stop or slow frontal baldness, there are only two treatments that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Dermatologists believe in application of Minoxidil lotion. It is one product which is unanimously used by all dermatologists. It is to be started with 2% lotion applied over the scalp once or twice in day. It is to be applied when the scalp is dry. Only 1 ml is sufficient to be applied at the root of hair in frontal region. If for one month there is no burning and irritation then we increase the percentage to 5 % to 10% gradually. The same we do to taper off the medicine. That means we do not stop the medicine at once and gradually taper it off to 5% and then 2% and then alternate day or off and application of lotion before stopping it completely. For frontal baldness also you can use minoxidil lotion.
Finasteride is given along with this topical application to reduce the effect of male hormones. If you are unmarried or sexually inactive male then there is no problem in taking this medicine but if you are sexually active then it can reduce your libido temporarily. But i suggest you to take these medications under dermatologist guidance.
A nutritional supplement containing Biotin and mutiple other nutrients would be a good option to take on daily basis. Eat a lot of fruits, sprouts and green leafy vegetables daily. Stop smoking and alcohol consumption. All the best

Dr Santosh
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sir i am 23 male...i have hairloss problems almost my scalps are visible i lost my hair near forehead and crown part of head.. i am suffering from...

Recent questions on  Finasteride

doctor1 MD

hello dr, recently have done a cystroscopy for a accummulation of blood in bladder.Biopsy revealed that i have a cystitis cystica. After that i...

doctor1 MD

I am 24 years old and recently started taking Finax 1 mg tablet everyday night to reduce hair loss. it is prescribed by a renowned doctor. recently...

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am 27 years old, and 2 years ago i was using mintop 10 for 6 month which gave me better result and when i stopped using i lost everything...

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr,
I am a healthy 30yo male suffering from male pattern baldness. I am considering taking oral finasteride (1mg/day), but am concerned about...

doctor1 MD

I am 75 years of age and have recovered from a small cerebellar stroke three years ago.My medication is Tamulosin 400mg, Amoldipine 10mg,...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am having small to medium bald patches on vertex to front elevated side of scalp and few towards back. This is there since pas 5...

doctor1 MD

Sir I am suffering hair fall & severe head loss at middle of head. I consulted skin specialist who prescribed minoxidil solution 2% ;finaster idea...