Does Mellaril cause irritation and confusion in a four year old?

My autistic kid of 4 yes was prescribed mellaril (thioridaxine)5mg twice aday.we be given him the dose only for 3 days and now he keep on crying continuously and seems to be very fearful and confused.He was very cheerful natured.How the ill effect of mellaril can be removed
Mon, 3 Feb 2014
Thanks for the question. Your child is suffering from autism and such children at times need neurolept medications.
Thioridazine many a times produces agitation as side effect. If it is uncontrollable then other drugs can be tried like haloperidol.