Does Gabapentin cause breathing difficulty and fluttering sensation in the chest?

Hi, I actually do have a question, my doctor just recently prescribed Gabapentin 100 mg capsules for me. I noticed last night when I went to bed that I felt a little like I couldn t breath and I felt like my heart was fluttering a little, could this be a side effect??
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It's rare for Gabapentin to cause breathing difficulty and heart problems, So it's important to do the following tests in the nearest medical center:
1- Complete clinical assessment by your doctor.
2- Chest X-ray.
3- ECG of the heart.
4- Echocardiography of the heart.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further questions.