Does Diurex affect the potency of a birth control pill?

Hello. I’ve been on birth control for about two years now, but I’ve noticed a massive weight gain. I wanted to try the Diurex water weight loss pills but I’m afraid they will affect my birth control and I willl become pregnant. Is this possible?
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Diurex does not have any drug interaction with any of the contraceptive pills. So you can take both drugs together without any fear. I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist to evaluate the weight gain. Uncontrolled weight gain is not a good thing and it has to be evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.