Does Delzicol cause rashes on the legs?

Absolutely, yes. Bottom line...i have had ulcerative colitis for years...was on asacol...now on delzicol...you know same family, etc. I have a rash on my legs and chest...could that be from delzicol and running in the sun??? Plus my crit is elevated...you know these meds cause kidney damage. I am going to UVA next week to see a new gi doc since my kidneys are getting bad. I just need your advice. My gi doc is very conservative but well qualified, I feel. I am a social worker who worker in the ICUs for 38 years, by the way. Thank you, Dr. Rynee. susan early
Sat, 7 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to an allergic reaction to Delzicol.
Some suggestions about treatment are:
-use antihistamine medication
-use calmine lotion for local relief
You should reconsider this medication with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.