Does DNS cause throat problems ?

Does DNS cause throat problems ?
Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response
It may ,due to recurrent sinusitis and postnasal dripping of infected material.It is more seen especially if patient is also allergic.
Rajkumar's  Response
Use "Aquamet" Nasal Spray
ENT Specialist Dr. Sonia. S. V's  Response
Hi, I am Dr Sonia S V. I am an ENT Surgeon & Head & Neck Specialist.
A DNS or deviated nasal septum can cause throat problems .The Deviation of the nasal septum can block the nose leading to mouth breathng and consequent dry mouth and increased throat problems.It can also produce throat issues as a result of a post nasal drip which is secretions draining into the throat from the back of the nose as a result of sinonasal inflammation.If conservative measures fails to treat the problems due to the deviated nasal septum it can be surgically corrected.

For more information on DNS:http://drsoniasv.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4251610-what-is-a-dns-deviated-nasal-septum
All the best
Dr Sonia Suprabha Venugopal
Consultant ENT Head & Neck Surgery,Bangalore
Website:http://drsoniasv.webs.com

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
DNS can cause rhinitis and this can allow the nasal secretions to flow back into the throat like a drip and this can cause problems for the throat. DNS can cause breathing problem at night and thus lead to snoring, and this can lead to dry and irritative throat in the mornings and daytime. A DNS can cause nasal obstruction and this nasal obstruction can bring about a change in the voice.
NAVEEN's  Response

MYSELF NAVEEN I M SUFFERING FROM DNS PROBLEM FROM LAST MANY YEARS.NOW CAUSES RHINITIS. THROAT IRRITATION. CHANGE IN VOICE.NASAL BLOCKAGE. WHAT I CAN DO