Does Contrakit tablet cause abortion?

hi mam my period s getting delay . my last month period on feb 2nd. what s the reason for this and what is ur advice to me pls suggest me ......... i think i m pregnant nw . i brought a tablet in the name of contrakit . is this k fr abort a child ? pls reply me ..........
Mon, 6 Jun 2016
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, you can use contrakit but after getting an expert opinion and under medical surveillance. Self-medication at home is prohibited as it causes serious complication that cannot be controlled at home. USG should be done to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy. Mifepristone 600 mg followed by 800 ug misoprostol vaginally after 24 hours. Dose should be modified if no induced bleeding. USG scan is needed after 14 days to confirm retain product/incomplete abortion

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dholariya Sagar Jayantilal