Does Coartem cause pain and stiffness in the neck?

Hello So I went to the hospital on Friday after feeling unwell and having constant headaches for a week After the blood tests were run I was diagnosed with malaria and Coartem 80/480 was prescribed for me . I am done with the course however on the last day I started to experience stiff and sore neck that it the nerve at the left side of the back of my neck Is this a side effect of the drug or is it still malaria
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
There are no scientific studies that confirm that coartem cause pain and stiffness inthe neck.
So,I think that it is a symptom of malaria.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.