Does Ciprofloxacin cause frequent urination?

I was not peeing a lot before being prescribed cipro. My doctor prescribed 25 days of cipro twice a day because he wants to recheck my high psa count. I m prone to prostate infections, and the last time I took cipro, my psa went down. So I m on cipro to see if a biopsy can be avoided. But now I m urinating quite often. Can cipro be causing this?
Thu, 17 May 2018
Apr 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per my clinical experience, it is not the Ciprofloxacin causing the frequency of urine, but underlying prostate infection is also responsible for the same. I recommend to take a urine culture and treat accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.