Does Asthalin inhaler help in the treatment of breathing difficulty?

Hello Dr. I m suffering from an upper respiratory infection and mild fever, body ache, accompanied with severe dry cough bouts. Taking paracetamol. For Stuffy/ runny nose, using otrivin. Will use of a asthalin inhaler help breathe easy? Kindly advise. Rawal
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Asthalin inhalors only relieve asthma that caused by bronchospasm or pneumonia etc. But it won't useful in patients who are suffering from nasal block or turbinate hypertrophy etc. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Use antibiotics, expectorants in case of productive cough. Avoid cool'drinks and freeze water, avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.