Does Amoxicillin decrease the efficacy of Trigestrel?

Hi Dr I m on the Trigestrel contraception and while I was taking the white pills I was given Amoxicillin. I continued to take the pills even though they might have not worked. I also finished the antibiotics and I was now on the yellow pills. Should I be worried about falling pregnant?
Tue, 27 Feb 2018
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As a rule any broad spectrum antibiotic disrupts gut flora so there is risk of loose motions .
Similar is the case with amoxicillin and there is disturbance of gut flora so if there were loose motions then contraceptive property of pill may have been compromised .
If there were no loose motions then the trigestrel may not have lost efficacy .
If you have any further query then you can come back to HealthcareMagic i will definitely help you and guide you appropriately .
WITH REGARDS , DR VARINDER JOSHI