Does Aleve cause itchy rashes on the neck?

I am taking a daily adult aspirin and an aleve for pain and I had a previous stint. My doctor has me on a regiment of aspirin for heart problem and also an aleve for arthritis. My question is for the past two times I have been in the sun, I have developed a skin rash around my neck which is itchy and red and raised bumps. Could this be from taking the Aleve medication? and could this be making me sun allergic?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Skin rash and skin itching are not a common side effect of Aleve. There are other possibilities including Allergy and infection. To relieve the rash and itching you can benefit greatly from the following:

1- Apply cold compressors to your skin to alleviate the rash.
2- Apply topical steroid creams to treat itching and inflammation.
3-Take oral anti-histamine.
4- Avoid any possible allergens.
5- consult your doctor if there is no improvement.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.