Does Acetazolamide has any recreational uses?

Hello! I was wondering if acetazolamide (beta blocker) has any recreational uses. I found them on my wife s bathroom floor and used Pill ID to find out what they were. She is no prescribed them and most of what I read says there is little recreational use, I just wanted a doctors opinion.
Mon, 24 Nov 2014
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hello thanks for your question.
Acetazolamide is not a beta blocker. It is inhibitor of an enzyme called carbonic inhydrase. Commonly called as water pill as,it is used to treat edema.its most common use is open eye glaucoma. Sometime it is used to treat headache, tiredness and giddiness. She may be using it for these rare indications like headache.
Hope this answers your question.