Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Doctor has diagnosed possible Systolic Murmur in heart. Used to smoke crystal meth. Suggestions?

Hi when I wa younger I smoked crystal meth prob for about 3.5 to for year I was 15 when started I m currently 22 years old and I have don t crystal meth or any drugs since that time I got clean work and started doing sport I recently went to the doctor and that I been going to once a month for the past 1.5 years he said this last time I went that he heard something on my heart that he didn t hear before he says he thinks its a systolic murmur now I m very worried I m a boxer now and in afraid that I won t be able to continue my career I run 2 miles a day Monday thrue Friday and box Monday thrue Friday for 2 hours a day I never felt any heart pain or nothing the doctor never heard this problem before that my question is? Is it possible this might be a mistake please get to me ASAP I very worried
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There is nothing to get worried about it because a systolic murmur is often referred as innocent heart murmur and is caused when blood rushes through ventricles.
Though this condition is  quite harmless and may reduce after a passage of time,there are few abnormal causes like congenital heart defects or endocarditis or holes in the walls that seperate the chambers of heart etc,which can result in systolic murmurs.
Some individuals having murmurs do not necessarily have symptoms of a heart disease. The signs and symptoms depends on the cause and severity of the murmur,like...
Nausea and dizziness followed by fainting spells
Unexplained fatigue
Shortness of breath
Chest pain, also known as angina

Since you don't have any problem or any  symptom,there is nothing to worry and just forget it.
If you develop any symptoms as described above,then you are advised to consult a cardiologist and get investigated and treated properly.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor