Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Doctor for jaundice?

Hi, my spouse has been alcoholic since 17 he is now 35, he has seen liver specialist who has comfirmed he has enlarged, fatty liver along with alcoholic hepatitis. He has had jaundice for about 3 weeks which started with his eyes and face but now has spread to his upper body. At the beginning he had the symptoms of the flu along with irritability, fatigue etc. He has been having an average of maybe 10 or less beer/week but cannot seem to completely quit even though he is sick. I am unsure if he should see a doctor since the jaundice has spread? Thanks, S
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  532
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi dear

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

It is very important for him to stop taking any more alcohol and visit Doctor immediately.Alcoholic hepatitis can become a serious problem if unattended.The jaundice is severe according to your explanation.

Alcoholic hepatitis can affect the liver functions and the waste materials dont get filtered.This can cause conditions like mental disturbances , acute liver failure.

I sincerely advise you to take him to a Gastroenterologist for complete treatment and deaddiction later on.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor