Do you think his head should be checked out?

Around 5 days ago my brother fell back and hit his head quite hard on the pavement. he got up within a few seconds and was felling fine apart from his head hurting. there was no cut or bumps. he has been feeling fine since but do you think his head should be checked out by a doctor or do you believe it was just a knock and that he should be fine now. thanks
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Any head injury should be observed closely and examined atleast once by a physician. If he is feeling fine and no sense of vomiting or pressure like pain in head, it should be ok. But it will definitely not harm him to go for a proper check and investigations.

K's  Response

hi,

we went to see the doctor yesterday and he said that the skull hasn't been broken or fractured. along with this he took a blood pressure reading and this was fine, at a normal level. he just said to look out for the symptoms of a severe injury for the next couple of days or so in case i.e vomiting etc.

however i forgot to ask him how long would it take for internal bleeding to the head to take effect on a person if they had it (max time). i'm just probably overly cautious as he is my younger brother and seeing its been over a week now he should be pretty much fine.

thanks for all your help, very much appreciated!