Do you have to fast for an echocardiogram??

Do you have to fast for an echocardiogram?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
No, there is no need to fast for an Echo.

My son is 11 years old. From few day he was feeling fast breathing on exertion. Doctor prescribed ECHO. ECHO result is as under:- Situs Solitus, Levocardia, normal pulmonary systemic/ venous connection, AV and VA Concordance, Normally related great arteries, No ASD/PDA, Intact IVS, Chambers normal, MRI, No AR, Normal Aortic Arch, No effusion

Female:: 6o yrs: Diabetic 4 yrs: Fasting 118 Post prandial 201 Echo Results: No Rwma Normal L v systotic function : Lv : 63% Gr. I L. v..Diastolic Dys function Trivial TR IAS & Ivs intact Normal valves, chambers No clot / A NEURYSM No peri cardial effusion No PAH what is my position!

How is a stress echo different then a normal echo of the heart. I had some regurgitation on the normal one so now I m doing the stress one. Can a stress one show an infected heart valve (or a small growth in endocardium) better then a normal one?

Recent questions on  Echocardiography

I have been having periods of rapid oand pounding heart rate for 2 months now I had ecg and echocardiogram done and have follow up in 3 weeks. I am athletic and a personal trainer and normaly have aresting pullse of 68 I have gained 10 pounds and hav enoticed my resting rate has gone up to 72 except when i have thee bouts of resting rapid pulse. Anywhere from 80-100 bpm. ???

I am 16 years old girl and already a few days my heart palpitations. Do not get stressed, do not drink any alcohol, not smoke. This may indicate a heart pounding heart disease? In the four years I was sent to theÿ echocardiography without cardiac problems only preventive pediatrician that due to my hydrocephalus exclude hypoplastic heart syndrome. This syndrome was excluded by echocardiography. If these my current heart problems (palpitations at rest) meant something more serious, followed by heart surgery? So what would it be? Heart disease? If it was this, what is the treatment?

i have rapid heart beat around 2:00 a.m. or 3:00 a.m. I have head a nuclear test and echocardiogram and they were normal. I went to endocrfinologist and blood samples were normal. I had thought it was potassium levels as my potassium at one time was 5.8 but now it is 5.3 and I still wake up with rapid heart beat.

Hi, I have been feeling my heart racing off and on as well chest, neck and shoulder pain. I saw my cardiologist who said EKG was abnormal and rhythm of heart did not appear to be normal.

I had an Echocardiogram, Venous Doppler, 24 hour heart monitor and just had treadmill test. Nurse practitioner said treadmill test looked great but don't see Cardiologist for 6 more days for other results.

If I have not received a call by now (3 days ago tests were done), I am assuming that's a great sign and nothing is wrong, do you agree my assumption is correct?

Thank You

my 15 year old son says he is getting light headed when working out and thinks his heart beat is irregular

My husband has had heart palpating and then he said that it goes up into his neck,he says that they often happen ,sometimes two or three times a week. Do you have an opinion about what could be happening. He says after it happens he says it makes...

My mother today morning felt like head was rotating and her vision for few seconds was blue. So went to doctor for check up she said that BP was high and asked to take ECG. I have attached the same. After seeing the ECG she asked me take a 2D...