Do you have heart problems with pacemaker?

If you have a pace maker do you have heart problems?? My husband has a pace make and does not think he has a heart problem..
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
Your husband is incorrect then.

or will the person still be alright? until its adjusted? please?? reggie: his partner who s at the hospital said that they couldnt do anything at the hospital he s in as he got it fitted in another hospital, as a general hospital not a heart hospital could they adjust the pacemaker or stablise it? would he be on some kindof monitor to help his heart? ivan: thanks (i cant send any personal emails as it says ive reached my limit - that is sooo annoying lol. thank you, do you know why a pacemaker goes too slow, is it cos its faulty or damaged? i just got an update and spoke with his dad, he said he s fine and theyre keeping him in for tests. so that puts mymid at ease a bit. also thanks tc and bj, i cant seem to send you a personal thank you, you are very good to me givnig me advice on all my lifes problems lol! - very kind indeed thanku every1 else 2

my sister s heart rate is different on the top part of her heart than the rate on the bottom half of her heart.she has a pacemake and defibulator now. they are going to go in and seperate her heart and put another pacemaker and defibulator to work the other part of her heart. can you explain this procedure to me.

I m having blood pressure and heart rate problems and was referred for a pacemaker. That physician recommended a cryo a-fib ablation instead. My BP goes up (systolic as high as 180 s, diastolic as high as 89) and I am on 2 BP meds. My heart rate varies widely, sometimes as high as 160 s, other times around 70. Activity escalates the problem, and I have both COPD and RA -- also compounding it. My question relates to the difference between a pacemaker and ablation --- which is better long term

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

Hi I had sever mitral',valve reguritation in june when was pregnant, my last heart scan showed the leaking had slowed/stopped, I am due another heart scan next week, but these last few days been experiencing bad circulation in my feet when i get out of bed, have always had in my hands but never my feet,'will this be due to my heart problem?

Hello Dr, 41 year old, non-smoker, 1-5 units of alcohol a week, active, no other health issues. Family history of heart problems (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ), have been checked and do not have it, although have a slight thickening of arterial knuckle which gets monitored. I m getting what feels like pulses or faint flutters from my oesophagus region to the top of my sternum region, these symptoms are infrequent during the day to sometimes non-existent, but at night the symptoms only occur when laid on my back or on my left side (they disappear when I m lying on my right side?) and feel more constant with a heart beat ie pulses at a constant rate. Occasionally have slight breathlessness since this has started 1 week ago. Now I ve had a slight upset stomach (although not constipated I ve not been regular) the last week and the symptoms do seem to be more present when I have heavy feeling in my stomach and then subside once I pass wind. Is the pulses/flutter linked to this and could be a blockage and wind not escaping? Or something else?

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

Recently I have been experiencing a "racing heart" ulse rate upwards to 111, and general tiredness. Is this something to be concerned about since heart disease runs in my family, including a sibling that died from a heat attack at age 57. My age is 56

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine