Do you have heart problems with pacemaker?

If you have a pace maker do you have heart problems?? My husband has a pace make and does not think he has a heart problem..
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
Your husband is incorrect then.

or will the person still be alright? until its adjusted? please?? reggie: his partner who s at the hospital said that they couldnt do anything at the hospital he s in as he got it fitted in another hospital, as a general hospital not a heart hospital could they adjust the pacemaker or stablise it? would he be on some kindof monitor to help his heart? ivan: thanks (i cant send any personal emails as it says ive reached my limit - that is sooo annoying lol. thank you, do you know why a pacemaker goes too slow, is it cos its faulty or damaged? i just got an update and spoke with his dad, he said he s fine and theyre keeping him in for tests. so that puts mymid at ease a bit. also thanks tc and bj, i cant seem to send you a personal thank you, you are very good to me givnig me advice on all my lifes problems lol! - very kind indeed thanku every1 else 2

my sister s heart rate is different on the top part of her heart than the rate on the bottom half of her heart.she has a pacemake and defibulator now. they are going to go in and seperate her heart and put another pacemaker and defibulator to work the other part of her heart. can you explain this procedure to me.

I m having blood pressure and heart rate problems and was referred for a pacemaker. That physician recommended a cryo a-fib ablation instead. My BP goes up (systolic as high as 180 s, diastolic as high as 89) and I am on 2 BP meds. My heart rate varies widely, sometimes as high as 160 s, other times around 70. Activity escalates the problem, and I have both COPD and RA -- also compounding it. My question relates to the difference between a pacemaker and ablation --- which is better long term

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

My husband had his annual check up at 9:45, came home and 3-4 hours later died of coronary trombosis and hypertensive artherosclerosis cardiovascular disease. He was on medication for high blood pressure and his doctor knew that he also had high cholesterol. His doctor did not perform any stress test and he did not reccomended any angiograms or send him to see a cardiologist. That morning his blood pressure was 140/100 and doctor changed his high blood pressure medication and send him home.Is it possible that EKG did not show anything that morning? Is this a negligence? He was 48.

For the past 4 days, my blood pressure has been running anywhere from 130/95 to 120/102. My blood pressure is usually normal (typically 120/78 or so). I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease & am 51. What I don t understand is the numbers being close together. My last reading was 119/102.

I am a 44 year old male with a family history of hyperlipidemia and heart disease. My father had a AMI at age 50 and expired. His father expired at age 51 with an AMi. Both were sudden death. I had a Cardiac CTA yesterday which revealed a calcium score of 252. The report revealed a 70-80% blockage to the middle of the LAD with about 50% occlusion on both of the ends. Seeing a cardiologist tomorrow. What do you think the treatment will be for this?

I recently had an ECG after an abnormal EKG. The ECG showed vent. rate 108bpm Sinus tachycardia, PR interval 158 ms, possible left atrial enlargement, QRS duration 88 ms , nonspecific ST abnormality, QT/QTc 368/493 ms, abnormal ECG, P-R-T axes 70 48 58 and prolonged QT. The cardiologist didn t seem very concerned and felt the abnormality was because of the medication I was taking - remeron for sleeping; I suffer from chronic insomnia. I have been on this medication for over two years and have never had any side effects or problems with it. In the past three-four months, however, I have been experiencing chest pains, some severe which is why I went to my physician to get the first EKG which showed a fast heart beat and was referred to the cardiologist for an ECG, EKG and a stress test. I was only on the treadmill for maybe 4 1/3 minutes before I experienced SOB and chest pains. They repeated the ECG and I was told it was abnormal and to discuss my medications with my psychiatrist and that I had nothing to worry about. When I see abnormal ECG, EKG and am taking nitro tablets with a family history of heart disease (father COPD, CHF and angioplasty; grandfather died of a heart attack), I have a tendency not to believe the doctor. I have not even been contacted by my physician for a follow-up visit. Should I be concerned. Cancer also runs in my family; my father died of colon, liver CA and I am breast cancer survivor. I d appreciate your comments. Should I seek another opinion? Thanks, Mary Kopco YYYY@YYYY I am a 61 y.o. white female, 137 lbs w/ hx of cancer (bilateral mastectomy and hysterectomy for CA of uterus), osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, high cholesterol (328), allergic to any statin drugs, being treated with Zetia 10 mg 1 x/day. Presently taking nitro tabs for chest pain, oxybutityn for overactive bladder, clonazepam 1mg 3x/day for anxiety and depression. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine