Do you have heart problems with pacemaker?

If you have a pace maker do you have heart problems?? My husband has a pace make and does not think he has a heart problem..
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
's  Response
Your husband is incorrect then.

or will the person still be alright? until its adjusted? please?? reggie: his partner who s at the hospital said that they couldnt do anything at the hospital he s in as he got it fitted in another hospital, as a general hospital not a heart hospital could they adjust the pacemaker or stablise it? would he be on some kindof monitor to help his heart? ivan: thanks (i cant send any personal emails as it says ive reached my limit - that is sooo annoying lol. thank you, do you know why a pacemaker goes too slow, is it cos its faulty or damaged? i just got an update and spoke with his dad, he said he s fine and theyre keeping him in for tests. so that puts mymid at ease a bit. also thanks tc and bj, i cant seem to send you a personal thank you, you are very good to me givnig me advice on all my lifes problems lol! - very kind indeed thanku every1 else 2

my sister s heart rate is different on the top part of her heart than the rate on the bottom half of her heart.she has a pacemake and defibulator now. they are going to go in and seperate her heart and put another pacemaker and defibulator to work the other part of her heart. can you explain this procedure to me.

I m having blood pressure and heart rate problems and was referred for a pacemaker. That physician recommended a cryo a-fib ablation instead. My BP goes up (systolic as high as 180 s, diastolic as high as 89) and I am on 2 BP meds. My heart rate varies widely, sometimes as high as 160 s, other times around 70. Activity escalates the problem, and I have both COPD and RA -- also compounding it. My question relates to the difference between a pacemaker and ablation --- which is better long term

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

5'6" 175lbs in great shape. I run and walk and weight train. my heart started to "stutter" about 4 or 5 days ago and is increasing in occurence. sometimes multiple stutters. 47 years old. no history of heart disease. low cholesterol levels. low blood pressure.

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

l am a 51yrs old sudanese schoolteacher 5 ft six inches of height 55kgs weight diagnoesd in Kuwait chest hospital in 1989 as a vsd sevesre pulmonary hypertension and not indicated for surgery i got married in 1998 with three duaghters 12_10_8 .l know my case very well and l ve heart disease history a younger brother had died of heart failure and four youger brothers died in their baby hood they were likely have the same disease .my parents are close relatives and they still alive with reasnable health according to thier age.l was hospitalised in1986and 2006 for haemoptasis. I have been suffering recently from feet swelling and neck and shoulders stiffness specially when l carry any something over ten kilos of weight accompanied with a high fever and l feel the area very hot a two days ago echo showed that the case is normal a chest xray showed in the day that heart is not enlarged but not in good health other lab results 2days ago esr 8 mm/h.hb119.5percent uricacid 6.0 my question is what are the exepected symptoms and comlications in this case and how to deal with them.email: YYYY@YYYY cell 0000

Hi Hoctor, My mother went to perform angiogram 2 years before. Doctors results shows of Ischaemic heart disease, Mild hypertensive heart n normal LV function. She under meditation for cholosterol n diabates. She having problem with occacasional cough n cold for d past 70 days... so what was d reason n what we should do?

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine