Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Do you ever get a strange fluttering sensation in your heart ?

Do you ever get a strange fluttering sensation in your heart? I m 31 and lately I ve been getting a strange bubbling/fluttering feeling in my heart. It happens more at night when I m trying to sleep and creates a lot of anxiety because I m conscious of it every time it happens. It isn t painful but its just very odd. Its like having hiccups in your chest. Anyone else get this? Sometimes it actually feels like my heart is stopping and then jump starting itself back to normal. Wow Georgestewart..... That is some far out stuff. If I have a heart attack and die from following your advice I ll be sure to haunt you in the afterlife and write the word schmuck on your bathroom mirror every time you take a shower. hehe... Kidding!!! Totally kidding!!! Thanks man. I might just best answer you for sh*** and giggles.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You need to go to your doctor and get a referral for a 24hr. heart moniter called a halter moniter, then they will look at these symptoms you are having and assess them. You must be having them within a 24 hr period and on a frequent basis for it to be effective. That being said coffee stays in your body a long time and can affect the heart with odd but temporary arrhythmia's, actually anything with caffeine including some soft drinks and some medications. Hope this helps.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor