Do you believe it is possible to die from a broken heart ?

Do you believe it is possible to die from a broken heart? Sencier answers only please It is more than three years ago that i met Lucia, we fell in love and i had to let her go becuase o f circumstances....,, i cannot live with my decision i miss her every second of the day....... Thanks for all th eanswers so far, however i am only 45 i have had many relationships but this one is true love , and it is still killing me .... three years later.../ i am really dieing!!
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
No, I don't believe it is possible to die directly from a broken heart. BUT.... If you lose someone you love due to death or other reasons, and you become very depressed, depression as you know can lead to other serious health problems. Untreated depression can seriously affect a person’s health. Therefore, I feel that you can die from serious health problems that depression can cause, and the depression was a result of a broken heart. Some people just feel they can't go on with what has happened in their lives and do not seek help and treatment. In addition, people with depression are less likely to seek treatment for other illnesses, and less likely to follow their doctor's treatment advice. There is mounting evidence that depression takes a serious toll on physical health. The most recent studies exploring health and depression have looked at patients with stroke or coronary artery disease. Results have shown that people with depression who are recovering from strokes or heart attacks have a more difficult time making healthcare choices, following their doctor's instructions, and coping with the challenges that their illness presents. Another study found that patients with depression also have a higher risk of death in the first few months after a heart attack. When the mind is under stress, the body suffers, too. The psychological stress experienced during depression can reduce your body's ability to fight infection. Vaccinations are less effective in people with depression, also leaving them more vulnerable to illness. But I can also say this, there have been some things to happen in my life where my heart hurt so bad from things going on that I really thought I would die. I never thought I would ever get past the things that happen, but I made a choice to seek help and go on.