Do we need to wash our genitals before and after sexual intercourse?

I got married recently and we have intercourse two days once. After having intercourse,Do we need to wash our genitals? Is it must to wash Penis and Vagina before and after intercourse?
Tue, 19 Apr 2011
's  Response
The hygiene of the whole body is good for good health. The cleanliness of genitals is also highly recommended before going to bedroom for sexual union. Don’t wash genitals at once after sexual intercourse because that is harmful. However passing the urine and washing of genitals with warm water is suggested after the half of an hour of sexual intercourse.
Dear Peter,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Cleanliness is very important in sex.

1. Un hygienic practice can create aversion for sex

2. It can cause fungal infections

Hence better to clean with soap before and after the act.

Contact me for more information or guidance

Wish you Good Sexual Health
With Warm Regards,

Dr. A CHAKRAVARTHY MBBS; MBA; (MHSc Reproductive & Sexual Medicine)

Consultant, Sexual Medicine / Sexologist, TRIVANDRUM, KERALA
Email: dr.a.chakravarthy@gmail.com
+91 - 94477 05077 / 94471 55077
International Association of Sexual Medicine
www.drchakravarthy.com / www.sexual-medicine.org
Henriette Piche's  Response

I jump in the shower immediately after sex,. why and how is thisbad