Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Do we grow taller after 18 years ?

Doctor , I am 18 years old. I am 5 6 inch tall. Can I grow taller? Please suggest me what I should do to get taller. Also I do work out at gym, so will this affect me?
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  831
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Upto 20 years your height can be increased, afterward fusion of epiphyses of bones take place and bony growth will stop and thus height wont increase.
You do exercise like running,jogging,swimming,jumping of ropes and cycling.
All above exercises help in increasing height.
Take high protein,high calcium diet.
Take dry fruits,milk.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Jasbir S Chugh's  Response
Dear Mehedi
Height is controlled by body hormones and genetic constitution provided you are otherwise healthy with weight appropriate for age. At 18 years the bone growth centres called Epiphyses are fusing. However some gain in height may continue till age of 21 years. You should take good, high protein diet. Continue going to Gym. Swimming and stretching exercises like pull ups may help you to some extent. Mind it ,there is no height increasing medicine and beware of quacks.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor