Do variations in thyroid hormone levels cause irregularity in menstrual cycles?

I had sex by pull and prey method. I got early bleeding which lasted only for three days and was very light. On the day of my next expected period I had severe cramps but no blood at all. I took a home pregnancy test which turned out negative. Then I visited a doctor who again did the urine pregnancy test and also checked my blood for haemoglobin and thyroid. Haemoglobin was 10 and thyroid was 32.50 microIU/ml. The doctor prescribed iron and thyroid tablets. I have been taking them. But my period for the missed month has not yet come. My last period was on 5th September, spotting was on 27th September. I checked the home pregnancy test recently on 27th October which was negative. Am I pregnant? Or is it only because of thyroid. Am really scared. Please help me out.
Thu, 13 Jun 2019