Do swelling and redness in the legs with blisters in a heart patient need immediate medical attention?

My dad is 88 years old. He s had 3 open heart surgeries in the past. Right now he has edema real bad. His legs are really swollen and very red with blisters on the red part. I m a little concerned about this. He has a doctors appointment this Wednesday but should I be taking him to a emergency care center for this before then?
Tue, 3 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, if his doctor cannot see him today then he should be seen in emergency. He may have an infection or be going into heart failure.