Do persistent cough and sore throat require an ER consultation?

I have had a sore throat, persistent cough, and tightness in the throat for six weeks. My doctor said it was bronchitis and gave me the z-pak. The virus is gone but I I still have a sore scratchy throat with coughing and tightness in the throat. I am now taking breo for two weeks and I still don t feel good.
Thu, 14 Mar 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of persistent cough with sore throat which is due to chronic lung infection and due to impaired immunity.

Need not to worry much. I would suggest you to visit pulmonologist once and get it examined. You should go for pulmonary function tests, blood tests and X-ray chest as well to check exact level of infection. You need inhaled bronchodilators and antihistamine medications. You should use mist humidifiers in room. You should take cough expectorants as well. Take hot milk rich in turmeric as it will boost immunity.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari