Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Do people normally die from heart attacks ?

Do people normally die from heart attacks ? Please answer my daddys having one ? I m not allowed to go to the hospital, and my daddy is having a heart attack. He s a really heavy smoker, he s overweight and he s 46. Do you think he ll be OK ? I m raelly worried about him.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I know people who have had 6 or 7 heart attacks and are still going strong. Your Dad will have to make some lifestyle changes. No more smoking, losing weight, watch stress levels, change in foods he eats, cutting out fats, sugars, enriched foods and using whole wheat instead and olive or canola oil instead of hydrogenated oils, exercise, leaving junk foods alone and less salt (diet soda is loaded with salt). If he follows his Doctor's orders and takes his meds and changes his lifestyle there's no reason he can't live to a ripe old age.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor