Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Do mood swings with negative feelings indicate any disorder ?

hi im marivic 22 years old and i just want to consult about my attitude, i dont know if this is a disorder or what?.. i notice this moody personality when i step on college, specially now that i am working and at the same time studying. they say im always moody, sometimes im good,shy, silent but once that i get mad because of something happened i keep on talking that i think i am very perfect and i want them to follow what i want to do,, i stock on my mind those persons who hurt me or make fun about me.. i really hate them that it comes to a point that i want to curse them. they also said that may body and mind was fully negative..
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Marivic..
Let me ask you one thing first...are you fully aware that you are behaving differently at times? if you are then i see you have already crossed half the bridge.
It appears to me that your studying as well as working is taking toll on you. So first begin with taking things one at a time. prioritize your things. make a check list and work accordingly.
begin your day with some form of meditation so that you can have a relaxed and active day. include exercise and healthy diet in your routine.start seeing objectively why you feel angry at people or the situation. try to see the positive side and try to find solutions rather than holding grudges.
if you still feel your behavior is out of your control you may need to see a psychiatrist or a counselor.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Hi Marivic,
Thanks for writing in.
Mood swings do constitute a part of a disorder, we commonly called neurosis. This is a condition where a person has symptoms and the person is aware that something is wrong.
The treatment of this condition would require an indepth evaluation by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
It is possible that you have some unresolved issues and are not comfortable in your skin. Try and identify them. These issues can be trivial or big. Once we have identified them, then we can get down to resolving them one by one.
Hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor