Do laxatives cause vaginal bleeding?

Hi I’m a female I’m 27 years old and i took laxatives over 4 years and now I’m vigina bleeding can that be the cause but also I had intercourse 9 nights ago or can that be the cause with out protection plz I need help it would be helpful thank u
Wed, 28 Mar 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response

Vaginal bleeding investigated without an examination, it is highly difficult to guide you through the diagnosis. Yes, even with intercourse you do get vaginal bleeding sometimes and, is normal. Your laxative usage for four years indication becomes more important for us to treat. Even in cancer of vagina there would be bleeding so it's better to get one pap smear done to rule out. Don't take any tension, and it's just to rule out the other condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana