Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Do i have ankle sprain?

When I stepped out of the shower I heard my left ankle pop and could barely walk all day. No swelling or bruising but one day I can walk on it OK and the next I limp and have difficulty walking? A sprain? What should I do? Thanks, Karen
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  250
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Hello Karen,
A pop from a joint could arise from a loose body within, a flap of cartilage(osteochondritis dissecans), ligament injury or a snapping tendon. A ligament injury is associated with severe pain, swelling and inability to bear weight. So its unlikely to be a ligament injury. For the other options to be assessed, an Orthopaedic consult would be essential.
Answered: Thu, 5 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
it may be due to muscle strian you can take ekangvir ras 2tab3times for 10 days.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor