Do head injuries cause sleepwalking?

ive been told that recently ive been walking and doing things in my sleep and just recently i got out of a VERY violent relatioship where i was repeatly hit in my head could the sleep walking be because of the head injuries im not on any prescription medications
Fri, 22 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, repeated head trauma, stressful life etc can cause sleep walking and other sleep related disorders. So better to consult psychiatrist and get done counselling sessions. Try to identify stressor in your life and start working on its solution. You will also need anxiolytic drugs (propranolol and Flunarizine combination) too. Don't worry, you will be alright with all these. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.