Do cortisone shots have milk in them?

do cortizone shots have milk in them I m 34 years old.I weigh 118 pounds. I m allergic to milk,wheat, eggs,peanuts and strawberries. The doctor gave me a cortizone shot and has me taking prednisone.AS of during the night my face is really itching, and I ve gotten new pain in area below my stomach... I just need to know if cortizone shots have lactose in them. I did find out the prednisone has lactose, and so I m stopping it...Please answer my question,,
Wed, 14 Jul 2021

Both would be expected to have small amounts of lactose, but not enough to cause a problem. Lactose intolerance is not an allergy, but an inability to process lactose - small amounts will go unnoticed by the human body. Itching and rashes can occur with any steroid use, and is a mild form of acne, rather than an allergic reaction.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist