Do blood thinning medication cause painful and bloody urination?

I am on warfarin and another blood thinner I was given after heart cath, forgot the name, it starts with cop---, metaformin and cholesterol medicines, water pill and entresto , was felling real well, yesterday from out of the blue I started urinating blood with some clots,which just started getting a little painful to urinate, called my cardiologist and he told me to stop warfarin till I see him tomorrow, I also made an appointment with a urologist for after tomorrow, could the blood thinners be causing this? I was in the ER last night, urine test culture showed no bacteria and my blood test I was told was excellent, she mentioned the number 14. thank you
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Hemorrhage is a very common effect of blood thinners.
In this case you should stop the medication and discuss with your doctor about an alternative medication.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.