Do I need to worry about a heart attack ?

I'm a 19 year old female that worrys about a heart attack. Is that normal or is it all in my head. Is it caused by anxiety.
Wed, 28 Mar 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Cardiologist 's  Response
At the age of 19 , you need not worry for heart attack . It is mainly due to anxiety . Only in exceptional cases of strong positive family history of heart problems or sudden cardiac deaths , we need evaluation .
Thanks
michael's  Response
What is 'normal'? When you can answer that you can answer your own question. The chances of heart attack at your age are slim, assuming you are a 'normal' person. In other words, as long as you aren't obese, do some exercise, eat sensibly and there is no history of heart attack at a young age in your family, it's not something you should worry too much about. As for being normal, back in the 80s one of my younger sisters (she'd have been 12 or so) was constantly worried about the threat of nuclear war. So as I say, what is 'normal'? Mind you, if that is all that you have to worry about in your life then you are quite a lucky person.
Leff's  Response
You know i have the same exact thing and guess what?Im only a 13 year old male and i have anxiety and deppresion.i have chest pains too but thats from the anxiety and being sad i know its been years but still do not worry a thing!