Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Do I need to use any creams or surgery for scar occurred by stitches on my forehead ?

Hello, I got a scar occurred by stitches on my forehead since my 5 years old . It like 5mm long but the problem its that is not a flat scar, Its a bit deep and i wonder if that happened due to bad stitches or bad removal of them and how i can improve it make it less noticeable ? Do i have to use any creams or something like that ? Or a surgery is the best solution ? Please advice me what it would be better for me because its so annoying to have a scar on your forehead ;/ Thank you in advance
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Alex ! Thank you for choosing health care magic. I agree partially with you in terms of types of stitches. Most of the times it is because of skin nature and types of stitches. If they are annoying you cosmetically consider visiting a plastic surgeon. Based upon the examination he can advise you the best possible option.
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Alex ,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Alex,you have nicely described your scar,that makes my job easy.
Since its a depressed linear scar ,what you need is just to get it raised .You have three options here -
1) Lasers ,likes Erbium or co2 laser resurfacing ,which would gradually raise the scar by collagen re modelling.Multiple sessions might be required to get desired result.
2) By Collagen Fillers - like restylane or perlane.These are tiny injections which are given over the spot to raise the lesion.This would give you nearly 100% result ,but would be temporary . Depending upon where you live ,if you can get a permanent filler ,then it would give you a long lasting effect.
3) Get a fat transplantation done over the area .This again would give you good result.
So,you should meet a dermatologist and see what all facilities he has and how much experienced he is in giving these injections pr lasers.

I hope this would help you find a good competent dermatologist and select a good option for yourself.

Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor